Workout of the Day for Tuesday July 30, 2013
4 rounds for time:
Run 600 meters
25 Overhead Squats, 140/95 pounds
5 rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
15 Overhead Squats, 95/65 pounds
Are you pumped up from watching the fittest in the world compete? Are you excited for an upcoming local competition? Have you fallen off the wagon and are in a frantic terror because of the body fat test coming up? Good news—We have the partner nutrition challenge starting on August 1st!
This Challenge begins on August 1st and ends on August 21st at midnight. The purpose of this challenge is to set goals for yourself, to have a partner to keep you accountable and to do the same for your partner.
The rules for this challenge are to set a goal that will help you to improve your fitness and to better interact with your physical environment. There are no set guidelines or winners beyond the challenge to improve yourself and to suffer with and support a friend.
The challenge begins with you filling out a goal sheet at CrossFit Roseville that includes a description of your personal challenge: a specific goal that you want to accomplish, some examples being:
• To eat strict paleo/primal
• To cut out sugar
• To follow the zone prescription and spend weeks weighing and measuring your food.
• To follow a strict perscription of zone/paleo/primal for 6 days of the week
• To cut out alcohol, cut out sweets at the office, etc.
• To increase your protein to grams of body weight per day
• To increase vegetable consumption to 3+ meals a day
Also the goal sheet will require you to answer why accomplishing this goal is important to you. Whether it is for performance, for aesthetics, for general health, to better interact with you kids, etc. It is important to keep the “why” always visible, always as a reminder to keep you on track. This goal is also important for your partner to know to help remind you of your future success.
Part of this challenge is to figure out how you and your partner will help each other to stay accountable. Some suggestions are:
• Swap Recipe ideas, arrange to swap pre-cooked meals
• Daily phone/text/email/tweet for motivation or to check up on progress
• Set-up a weekly meeting to discuss progress
• Create a point system (Example: 1-point for every day of paleo, 1-point for every day working out, 1-point for mobility or goat work, etc.)
• Challenge each other to a prize: buy into a cool item and whoever performs the best on the challenge gets the prize. Or Pre-buy a prize for each person and if both succeed both get the prize, but if one does not succeed the prize must be returned.
We will have a group event at the end of this challenge to discuss ideas, what worked, who found great success in their system, and to celebrate the group effort of the individual teams!
Get pumped up for improvement and start your brainstorming. Remember the most important part, what do you wish to accomplish—what is your goal? Do not be afraid to Dare mighty things. Pick a goal worth accomplishing.