Workout of the day for Thursday 06/07/12:
2012 CrossFit Games Regional: Individual Event 4
135 pound Back squat, 50 reps
135 pound Shoulder-to-overhead, 30 reps
85 pound Front squat, 50 reps
85 pound Shoulder-to-overhead, 30 reps
65 pound Overhead squat, 50 reps
65 pound Shoulder-to-overhead, 30 reps
Here’s the rub:
• Monsanto created “BP Corn” using genetically modified crops that include an insect-killing bacterium called Bacillus thuringiensis,or Bt.
• It is supposed to make the stomach of certain insects explode.
• This Corn accounts for 65% of all corn grown in the US and…
• Last year, doctors at Sherbrooke University Hospital in Quebec found Bt-toxin in the blood of:
- 93 percent of pregnant women tested
- 80 percent of umbilical blood in their babies, and
- 67 percent of non-pregnant women
• Which makes sense because when you eat processed foods you are eating BP Corn: genetically engineered corn is present in the vast majority of all processed foods and drinks in the form of high fructose corn syrup.
The moral of the story is stop eating corn unless you know where it comes from (locally grown organic source) and stop eating processed foods. If you purchase processed foods and corn you are voting with your dollar to keep Monsanto thriving. And, if you think organic locally grown food sources are expensive, have you priced cancer lately?