Workout of the day for Friday, March 28th, 2014:
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps of:
Thrusters, 95 / 65 lb.
• Pace Yourself on this workout.
• Break up your sets into manageable workloads that allow you to minimize your rest time. Burpees are the ultimate functional move, even if we hate them!
• If burpees are your goat, try step up and step down before the two foot jump and land. See the video above from Andrea Agre.
• Consider warming up your thruster to a bit heavier than the 95/65lb to prep your central nervous system. This should help 95/65 to feel light and easy.
• A thruster is one continuous move from the squat to overhead, I did not see Rich Froning do any thruster-jerks.
• Crush it! This is the last open workout. You have accomplished so much, finish strong. You always push a little bit harder, it already hurts, if you push a little harder what’s the difference?